Friday, May 20, 2011

WWYD?



We love cute pictures, good food, time with family and friends.  As I was writing a letter to my daughter I enclosed a picture of her when she was fifteen years old.  Since she is forty-three now I began to think about the time that had passed so quickly!  A thougt entered into my mind, a very sobering thought!  What would we do if tomorrow was the end of time?

Our days are filled with the routine of life, but I would like for you to pause and look at your right hand for about thirty seconds.  while you are looking would you think about the God who created you, Jesus Christ?  Thank you.  Doing this will put our focus on the Creator.  If I knew that tomorrow was the very last day of time, how would I do things today?   It is a very hard thing to think about...some would even say "Not today!  Johnny will be going to Church camp next week!"  Each of us could think of why not.

Is the coming of Jesus real to us?  We are commanded to watch and pray for that event...Luke 21:36 says, "Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of God".  It is my wish that you will do the practice of examining your right hand from time to time...and pray to the One who created our marvelous body!  The end of time may be tomorrow, may we be prepared if it is!

1 comment:

  1. Good Article. I believe we care creatures of habit and we dont know when it will be for one so we should live dailey for god and be ready in any moment. Knowing a date woudl cause a procrastionastion of some people ever seeking god sadly enough. Its interesting you would say look at your right hand not your left or in the mirror. Who ists at the right hand of god. Jesus and he was sent to give us salvation thru God . So "the right hand of god is is son who we must never forget and our right hands were Gods creation. Very good article!

    ReplyDelete