Saturday, May 21, 2011

Misunderstandings



This is a picture of me when I was young...not!  Years ago a very special friend of mine gave to me the wonderful knowledge of 'misunderstndings'.  This is what happens when we speak something to a person and later they deny that we ever spoke it.  Since I have experienced this on so many occasions, I wondered if misundertandings could be a parasite in the Church leading to strife?

How frustrating to know you are right and you cannot convince the other person that they are wrong!  We know beyond the shadow of a doubt that we are right and the other person just will not take the admonishing given them!  Our sinful nature cries out for justice!  In the end of the matter we will either forgive that person or treat them with indiffernce all of their days.  Would it not be better to suffer the misunderstanding and forgive?  In our infantile thinking we must set it right!   We do not like to be wronged!

When Jesus hung on the Cross, the mockings of the crowd were hideous and nearing the end He said, (knowing He was the Son of God) "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do"!  Luke 23:34.  Is it not enough to know that we did say it and be satisfied?  The flesh cries out to be justified, but the Holy Spirit is confident in the knowing of a matter!

Now, did you hear me say that the picture was of me when I was young?   

No comments:

Post a Comment