Sunday, May 15, 2011

Free Will or Chosen?


Matthew 10:29 says, "Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin?  And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will".  If the Father has a day appointed for our death, why is it so difficult to know that He has appointed a day for our salvation in this world?  This is a hard saying for some and they will not accept it.  They will cry out, "Why would a God of love appoint some for heaven and some to hell"? 

This has been debated by scholars for centuries, so I thought I would throw in my two cents worth of thought on it.  I would rather expand on the great passion of Christ that drove Him to the Cross!  Did he die for 'some' or all?  In John 3:16 we see that it is His desire that none perish, but does this mean that He died for all to come to Him?  Yes, out of His great love! 

Can we choose Him?  No, because He loved us first...John 4:19.  You might say what has that to do with making a choice?  How can we love Him, if we are not saved?  The two must coincide with one another.  I might add dear friend, that today might be the day of your salvation so I would plead for you to hear Jesus say, "Come, follow me".


No comments:

Post a Comment