Thursday, October 26, 2017

Want To Be Rich?

Growing up poor I never thought about having money.  I thought on things like having a treat for dinner such as ice cream.  Being poor never bothered me because I didn't know I was poor.  I thought everybody lived like me until we got a television set in 1954.  We had only two channels and compared to this day's entertainment it was so clean it would never make you blush.  I saw new car commercials and had no desire to have one of those.  I had my Mother, Father, and brother. It was a good life.  Oh, there were things that happened to make me think hard about how to get ten cents for a potato peeler for my Mother's birthday when I was six years old, but even back then God provided a way for me to get it.  That was no easy task!  It cost ten cents brand new at the General Store up the street.  I have some really good memories of the time I grew up in, but eventually, I grew up and I saw girls with their pretty dresses in school and perms in their hair.  It was in the fourth grade when I began to discover that there were poor people and there were rich people.  Above all though, I concentrated on my school work because that was my love.  I had very little time to wallow in self-pity over material things.

I Timothy 6:9...But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.

I think this means those who hunger and thirst after riches. Working hard to make a good living is not a sin.  It is a blessing from the Lord to have the desire to provide for your family the best way you can.  So, if you want to be rich think about investing in the life to come.  That is true riches. my friend.

Image result for a picture of money falling from the sky


No comments:

Post a Comment